Cloud Systems Technician
- Canton, OH, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk 3E is adding a Cloud Services Technician to the Infrastructure and Engineering team in Canton, OH. In this role, you will be tasked with technical design and documentation, research and platform validation for 3E Generate. As we move more towards a cloud-hosted environment, you will have an opportunity to pilot new AWS products.
As a Cloud Services Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Providing troubleshooting, problem correction, assistance and instruction to client staff remotely to resolve software problems or to generally support the client's use of the systems.
- Developing, distributing and updating application and support level instructional documentation.
- Developing, maintaining and updating technical documentation such as system configurations, procedures, problem fixes, and best practices.
- Conducting detailed tests and quality assurance certifications for various platforms and software updates.
- Researching emerging technologies based upon technical and business merit.
- Providing technical design, development and quality assurance effort in the completion of project tasks as described in project request work orders.
- Performing analysis and design of complex computer applications; Provides technical recommendations for the ongoing enhancement of the company's software products.
- Assisting Verisk 3E IT with remote site management and other Infrastructure maintenance tasks.
- High School Diploma required. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Two or more years of progressively responsible related experience in an information technology position.
- Demonstrable understanding of enterprise computing systems, cloud strategies, and security best practices.
- Familiarity with the SQL language, relational database principals, and how they are used in modern multi-tier applications.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud computing platform required.
- Ability to maintain and be responsible for company equipment such as notebooks, PDAs and cell phones.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be customer focused, detail oriented, and able to multi-task to meet standard response times and deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees and client staff.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.