Customer Support Specialist ( Part-Time - 12months Contract )
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Customer Support is an important and vital front-line role within the Customer Focus (CF) business unit. You are the ‘face’ of Wood Mackenzie and provide an excellent ‘customer experience’ every time when troubleshooting and managing inbound queries of various types and complexities.
- Deliver high-quality phone and email support to all Wood Mackenzie customers with resolution times within the required timeframe/ Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Be a master of recording detailed customer and query details/ information so the whole business benefits from the 'know your customer' advantage
- Be the first point of contact, owning this part of Customer Experience with a 'likelihood to recommend' goal in mind each time
- Close the feedback-loop with the customer when their issue is resolved/partially resolved or impossible to resolve
- Be an advocate of the Customer Focus team’s vision and corporate values which is front of mind with every customer and internal interaction
- Managing product and user access via our internal entitlement systems (Account Services)
- Provide ad-hoc reactive support/ cover to the top tier Australian accounts
- You will report to the Customer Focus Manager (based in Sydney) and work closely with your other global Customer Focus colleagues in the Support, Engagement, and Solutions divisions. You will also liaise with various other departments to get issues resolved i.e. Sales, Research, Finance, Marketing, Admin and IT/Technology etc
- Puts the customer first in every interaction - approaches every query as if its your own and offer the type of support you would want to receive
- Loves the problem - expert troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities with an analytical and attention to detail mindset
- Effective rapport building and maximising internal networks with a great skill of forming productive customer interactions first-off
- Effective communication that involves skillful questioning, active listening and effective information gathering
- Detailed record keeping within WM’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool i.e. Salesforce – recording all customer interactions as well as updating contact/account information is an integral part of 'knowing your customer'
- Aquire basic knowledge about our products and industry
- Focus on timely resolution within required Service Level Agreement (SLA) and customer satisfaction
- Take ownership and accountability of cases in the queue and updating them thoroughly and correctly
- Provide regular feedback/ updates to the customer if there are delays and prioritise calling over email
- Be adaptable to the type of customer query
- Act in a responsive and timely manner with awareness of resolution time targets
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding, making the customer feel understood and heard re their unique query
- Be efficiency-focused and prioritise customer queries to sell/ serve (level of spend) and level of impact
- Have understanding of the various business units and where to find the answer
- Have understanding of the product and industry to match the broad variety and type of inbound queries
- Knowledge sharing of customer intelligence/trends and two-way feedback internally/ externally
- Involvement in mini projects or pieces of work with an overall goal of improving Help Desk effectiveness/efficiency
- Engaging and notifying the right teams internally and coordinating all responses for cases owned
- Develop relationships within CF and other WM teams to promote good working relationships vis a vis customer resolution
- Actively contribute intelligence/Voice of the Customer (VOC) feedback
- Own the customer's problem as if it is yours
- As the 'face' of Wood Mackenzie - optimize available resources and internal connections to solve customer queries first go
- Take pride in delivering high-quality customer service - ensure the customer feels delighted with each and every interaction.
- Buddy/ coach team members so they too can provide the 'best in standard' service
- Be the best of knowing a little about a lot - complete tailored learning plan for required level of products/industry/technical knowledge
- Follow best practices for the Support function
Additional Knowledge and Experience Required
- At least 2-3 years working in a customer-facing and/or help desk environment.
- Experience working in the information services industry and/ or knowledge of the natural resources industry (Energy & Metals/Mining) is desirable.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.