Junior Data Associate – Geoscience
- Moscow, Russia
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Our expertise in upstream oil and gas is driven from our unique databases, economic models and forecasts. We provide comprehensive asset and company valuations, in-depth analysis and insight into key issues. This objective research helps companies around the world to identify, evaluate and rank upstream growth opportunities.
We offer clients a number of products based on our high quality proprietary data. Working as part of a Geoscience team you'll be responsible for data processing automatization, data gathering, quality research and analysis on the upstream sector.
This role is in the Geoscience team. The role holder will assume primary responsibility for various data gathering, collation and data processing automatization. The role holder will work with an oil and gas database and support the Geoscience Analysts to produce high quality research and analysis.
- Collect and compile well data from both external and internal Wood Mackenzie sources into spreadsheets;
- Research and analyse regional geology of the area;
- Process various types of onshore drilling & completion attributes (frac stages, perforations, lateral length, cluster spacing, proppant, etc.);
- Data quality check;
- Create ways to speed up the processing time (web scraping, OCR)
- Create automated integrity checks, optimize data processing;
- Work with visualization tools to identify data issues and trends.
- Compare different data sources;
- Work closely with analysts from overseas data teams (help with well attributes update, create spreadsheets for new wells);
- Work closely with Developers team (suggest ideas for new tools and functionalities, module testing).
Knowledge and Experience
- BSc or MSc in oil and gas geology, geophysics or petroleum engineering
- 0-3 years professional work experience
- Programming language (Python, R, SQL, other), applied statistics skills
- Experience working with databases and ArcGIS
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- English (fluent spoken and good written)
- Accuracy of input and attention to detail are essential
- Persistence in looking for difficult to find data
- Strong communication skills – particularly the ability to work in a regional team and interact with colleagues in multiple geographic locations
- Experience working with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Power BI, Tableau - an advantage)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.