- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Verisk Business: Fintellix
- Department: Information Technology
Headquartered in New York, USA, with offices in UK, India, Australia, Brazil, UAE and Singapore, Fintellix, a Verisk business, is a leading Compliance, Risk & Analytics Products and Solutions provider for the Global Financial Services Industry. Fintellix’s solutions are available for on-premises implementations as well as provisioning from Regional Cloud Infrastructure. Fintellix is funded by venture capital majors Sequoia Capital and IDG Ventures to accelerate market expansion and boost product innovation efforts. To learn more about Fintellix please visit us at: www.fintellix.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Supporting live, production operational processes that produce reports and analytics for our clients.
- Manage and operate production environment, taking responsibility for specialized operations while helping transition tasks that fit standard operating procedures to a centralized operations team.
- Obtain guidance from cloud migration team and develop process to migrate the SQL batch processing to AWS and prod implementation and maintenance.
- Build new products/processes on the AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing the AWS services for migration, better performance and low-cost operations.
- Develop processes for linking data assets within our organization to better enhance the information that can be provided to our clients.
- Linking internal data assets to external data assets, to further inform our clients in their analytics and modeling work.
- Perform data validation and data quality checks to enforce high data quality for operational tasks.
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals and requirements from internal clients.
- Develop applications to interface with SQL databases, consists of designing tables, store procedures, views and functions.
- Work with partnership and development teams to identify potential new data sources and linkages.
- Develop proof-of-concept processes for solving and operationalization linkages between diverse data sets.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Employ a variety of reporting and visualization tools to understand data.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Work closely with onshore team to support the production processes.
- Bachelor’s in engineering + 3 years in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience with relational databases & SQL.
- 1-3 years of experience in a general-purpose programming language (Python preferred)
- 1 year of experience in AWS – S3, Redshift, Postgre SQL, Dynamo DB, EC2, Data Lake formation, AWS Glue, Step Functions, ECS, ECR,Lambda, Fargate, EMR, Cloud formation
- Hadoop technology with Spark and Hive
- Prefer experience with BI/visualization tools (ex: Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview)
- Strong data management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically.
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels in and across the organization and to articulate to non-technical and technical audiences.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.