Sr Model Quality Analyst I (R Programming)
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Information Technology
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Read all the requirement documents and understand the scope of Model/Product feature updates and identify the scope of testing
- Develop understanding on natural catastrophes such as Earthquake, Cyclone and Floods etc. and key parameters that drive the occurrence and spread of any natural event. Further understand the process of generation of stochastic Models and the modelling approach.
- Prepare/approve detailed Test plan of multiple models as per model implementation, physics of the phenomenon and client demand and ensuring the test coverage
- Timely execution of test plans and delivery of multiple products that have concurrent delivery schedules
- Validate probabilistic Model outputs from different platforms and test for the loss number consistency across platforms
- Perform statistical and mathematical analytics on Model outputs
- Perform explicit and or implicit validation of scientific/ financial algorithms to ensure that products meet requirements for output reasonability
- Thorough understanding of every test scenario/feature and ensuring all aspects are tested
- Training and guiding newcomers to ramp up the learning curve in quick time
- Present developed test plans and test results conducted to the peer groups
- Estimating the project time
- Tracking requirement updates and estimating its impact on project testing and timelines
- Taking care of hardware and software requirements for the test setup
- Collaborate with Model development and product owner teams to get the timely fix for defects reported
- Author and present technical reports/documents of analytical work detailing complex procedures
- Responsible to prepare technical model studies and conduct internal trainings on those topics to the team
- Peer review another Analyst work
- Designing and helping in creation of architecture for test automation
- Take ownership of a complete process from end to end
- Provide regular status updates to product owners and enable transparency and timeliness in the product delivery decision making process
- Implement and or expand use of automated testing practices throughout the life cycle
- Collaborate with peer teams to facilitate timely completion of projects
- Ability to multitask to manage concurrent delivery of multiple enterprise grade products
- Gain command on Touchstone software by understanding the various functionalities involved in the product and get a grasp of any new technology needed
- 4-6 years of relevant experience as analysts for a computational analytics company
- Thorough understanding and hands on experience with relational databases such as MS-SQL, with ability to mentor and train others
- Experience with large data sets analysis and manipulation
- Experience with either statistical, mathematical software packages like R; or generally with analytical software; Good working knowledge in MS Excel
- Ability to identify patterns and make thorough observations out of numerical data sets and draw mathematical relationships out of it
- Experience with designing and /or validating numerical probabilistic models in engineering, science, catastrophe modeling, finance, actuarial science, etc.
- Programming skills to include numerical, scientific and databases programming
- Proven analytical and problem-solving quantitative abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and experience working in distributed and global teams with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, to interface with cross-functional teams that are talented, culturally diverse, global and widely varying technical skill sets
- Knowledge of product development life cycles to ensure the critical role of quality assurance teams
- Logical and clear thinker having made sound process driven decisions
- Multitasking ability with focus on accuracy and efficiency
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.