Linux System Engineer
- Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a talented and passionate System Engineer on our technology team. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated individual with strong technical, problem-solving, and communication skills to join our engineering team. The team is responsible for supporting, maintaining production systems and applications.
The candidate will be working in a dynamic, fast paced agile environment whose responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support
- Capable to troubleshoot issues (Network and System)
- Analyze, install, monitor, and support of application and/or Operating System
- Maintain a high performing network infrastructure through routine monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Coordinates with service providers and vendors to ensure reliable service
- Support and troubleshoot WAN/LAN circuits and services
- Manage a variety of support requests to completion to support the needs of our users and clients
- Capable and comfortable in adopting and working on new technology
- Capable to work on virtualization tools such as VMware and administer Linux servers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years of technical hands on experience, supporting and administering application and systems
- Positive, energetic, and self-driven attitude to continually develop technical skills, research new technology and troubleshoot issues
- Superior organization skills and ability to follow directions precisely
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience administering Linux products, user management and application support
- Cisco certification at the CCNA or CCNP level or equivalent work experience
- Expert in both LAN and WAN environments, with experience supporting multiple remote locations
- Experience in Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM is a plus
- Experience in Linux (RedHat,CentOS), DNS, LDAP as well as Linux shell/Python/PowerShell scripting
- Experience in Virtualization technology (VMware)
- Exposure or working knowledge of any public clouds like AWS, Azure and google cloud will be a plus point
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.