- Lalitpur, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for database administrator to design, implement, support, administer and maintain relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Snowflake, Postgres, etc.
As a Database Administrator, you will:
- Create, Administer, Monitor, and Maintain multiple relational data bases: MS SQL Server or Postgres, AWS Aurora-Postgres
- Work on new and existing logical/physical database designs for applications and infrastructure.
- Implement relational databases, tables, and table changes.
- Support application development for problem solving and performance tuning.
- Assist in administering, monitoring and maintaining SQL Server/Snowflake/Aurora Postgres environments, including for disaster recovery.
- Be willing to be on-call and occasionally work odd hours to help meet customer service level agreements and to support application and database deployments.
- Familiarity with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL a plus).
- Knowledge of SQL Command Syntax, Data Definition Syntax, and Query Syntax.
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts.
- Ability to develop queries to extract information based on compounded search criteria.
- Clear understanding of Data Structures.
- Experience with variety of Amazon Web Services is a plus
- 1+ years of proven experience in software development, data base maintenance, and system maintenance.
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS Aurora Postgres, etc.
- Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.