Senior Technical Project Manager
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Argus
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Technical Project Manager to join Verisk Financial organization to support our Product development. Technical project managers are tasked with managing projects with top-down oversight from inception to completion. They would be responsible to break down the Functional requirements, develop project plans that meet client/internal needs and coordinate team managers and technical personnel throughout all stages of the project.
The role requires experience in:
- Sound foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture.
- Sense of balance between the roles of project manager and technical advisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both technical and non-technical terms.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical personnel
- Ability to track projects against milestones and able to ensure quality deliverables of the product.
- Input into product strategy, technical solutions, system design/approach, and/or architecture. Technical ability to drive right outcomes, design simplicity, and speed of execution..
- Eliminates unnecessary process. Establishes standards. Creates mechanisms and predictable procedures.
- Effective end-to-end program management – as evidenced by a solid understanding of business requirements, timeliness, quality, and delivery of the right technical solution for the customer. Is proactive. Makes sure the right connections are made and actions taken. Mitigates risk effectively. Escalates with good judgment.
- Understands project/program management tools and patterns. Experience with business and technical aspects of program domain. Balances short-term decisions with long-term consequences
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- 10+ years of experience in Product Development with minimum 3 years in managing Product development.
- Should be familiar with latest tech stack, their deployment requirement and deploying apps on cloud & on premise VMs.
- Extensive hands-on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technology experience
- Should have worked with Linux and windows environments to support application deployment, management and administration
- Certification on AWS or Azure cloud is a definitive advantage.
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies
- Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced data
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving and passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have passion for technology and automation
- Experience in financial services and an understanding of the related regulatory requirements is a plus but not mandated
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.