Developer/Tech Research Analyst Intern - Enterprise Data Management team (EDM) - 2021 Summer Internship Program - CR
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Argus
- Department: University Recruiting
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Verisk’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide our interns with real work experience, professional development events, and networking opportunities. We're looking for motivated individuals who embody the Verisk Way to Serve, Add Value, and Innovate.
- Handle development activities assigned
- Apply appropriate development techniques to produce high quality deliverables
- Deliver on-time and promptly
- Develop the solution, perform unit testing, assist during UAT and handle implementation activities for production roll-out
- Apply gained experience or academic knowledge in handling distributed computing and/or big data technologies
- Work on data warehousing projects and assist in producing data needs for Business Intelligence layer
- Handle performance optimization on various layers of application appropriately
- Handle ETL/ELT development activities as required
- Document technology, process flow details of the developed program unit
- Create unit test cases, document and execute
- Use adequate code management tools and techniques
Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in computer science or related field
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Experience or academic knowledge with Big Data technologies such as Hive, Pig, Scripting, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Drill, Oozie etc.
- Database technologies – RDBMS (SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, etc.), NOSQL (Hadoop, Mongo DB, etc.) or equivalent technology
- Experience with SQL, ETL/ELT(One or more – Pentaho, Informatica, SSIS etc)
- Programming languages – Java, Python, R, Scala, SQL, or equivalent
- Business related coursework with exposure to research (market/tech trends in banking/financial industry
The Intern Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g. H1-B visa) after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer Intern role.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.