Data Scientist (Insurance Data)
- Kraków, Poland
- Verisk Business: ISO
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Under supervision, executes project plans for timely project completion.
- Utilizes statistical and machine learning techniques to create high-performing models that comply with regulatory and privacy requirements and address business objectives and client needs.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems. utilizing advanced statistical, mathematical and machine learning technique.
- Ability to research and develop new approaches, keeping up to date.
- Tests new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions. Implements as needed.
- Creates clear and easy to understand documents for product support (technical).
- Presents analysis ideas, progress reports and results to internal managers, project managers.
- Collaborates with other Data Scientist to develop technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Participates in collaborations for implementation.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Graduate-level degree preferred with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, computer science or aligned discipline.
- Experience with data engineering, core data science analytic methodologies, and text mining.
- Knowledge in and applied experience with statistical and machine learning.
- Experience (1-3 years) using machine learning languages (e.g. R, Python, SQL) and a working familiarity with cloud computing environments.
- Logical, evidence-based problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.