Associate DevOps Engineer
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Argus
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Candidates will apply business analysis to create advanced business intelligence solutions providing insight to clients. This role requires the candidate to use analytic tools and database skills to develop and evaluate a broad spectrum of analytics for large data sets.
Your responsibilities may include loading client data, validating client data, processing client data and producing Business Intelligence reporting on client data. You will work with leading Database Technologies and Data Warehousing toolkits to master the complex nuances in financial data received at Argus. Some of the technologies that you will use are SQL Server, SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Basic .Net , ASP, .NET, Python, Amazon Web Services etc.
- Gather, Transform, Validate, aggregate and report on client data.
- Analyze data to systematically apply in-house developed, complex analysis technology to test the data quality and create benchmark solutions.
- Work directly with clients and other financial institutions to resolve critical issues in data quality
- Work directly with client modelling teams to gather requirements based on clients’ need.
- Analyze large amounts of trended client and industry data, identify red flags and perform root cause analysis.
- Manipulate large amounts of (historical data), scrub, filter and select sample criteria for analysis
- Produce and validate benchmarks based on clients’ specifications.
- Enhance and improve the in-house technology suite for validating and reporting on new data.
- Create documentation to define business needs.
- Meet all operational SLAs to deliver high quality data in a timely and consistent manner
- Develop data driven exploratory analysis to solve defined problems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (all disciplines)Computer Science / Computer Engineering Mathematics / Statistics / Sciences Finance / Economics
- Strong analytical, creative and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Effective communication (written and oral)
- Familiarity with SQL, AWS and/ or Python or other programming/data mining language is desired
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.