Senior Software Automation QA
- Málaga, Spain
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Responsible for the accurate automated testing of software used by insurance market professionals. Works under very limited supervision and helps direct the work of more junior QA Automation Engineers.
- Creates/refines the development of Test Automation Framework seeking maintainability and fast debugging.
- Creates/maintains Test Automation Suites based on prioritisation.
- Analysis of test coverage to propose an overall automation approach (i.e. API, UI).
- Regularly delivers automation on-time and is constantly working to make accurate estimates and deliver on
- those estimates.
- Logging, tracking and proactive management of defects to their resolution working closely within QA Team Leads.
- Mentoring junior QA automation engineers via pairing, design review, and code review.
- Working very closely with other QA Engineers, Developers, Product Owners and other personnel and provide accurate and actionable insight.
- Supports implementing test strategies in line with industry best practice methods to suit different systems and software components, mainly consisting Web APIs and Web UIs.
- Helps automate workflow and process flows using CI/CD tools, provide application support and maintenance of a portfolio of automation.
- Provides regular progress reporting to QA Team Leads and managers.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise to other QA automation team members, colleagues when required.
- Collating and summarising test results ensuring QA teams are operating transparently within acceptable quality metrics.
- Reviewing automated tests optimisation (implementation and execution) according to practices.
- Shares information in QA forums. Is able to reach consensus in short timespans.
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience on similar roles.
- Software development skills equivalent to a developer III (Engineering background).
- Experienced in using SQL query language to build and use queries for testing and data preparation purposes and in handling the data model.
- Extensive experience with automated test code.
- Uses experience to understand the implications of design decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure and our build system.
- Understanding of insurance business processes.
- QA Automation engineers must have a high-profile role in the organization and you must demonstrate your organizational and communication skills to engage the product management and development team leaders.
- Expertise in using and development of Test Automation Framework targeting Web APIs, Web UI automated tests (e.g. SpecFlow, Selenium).
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
If you want to walk around the Malaga office, see the link: