Mid level .NET Developer
- Málaga, Spain
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are now expanding our Development Team in Sequel Impact, which is based in beautiful Andalucia.
Accordingly, we wish to attract high-potential, a Mid level Frontend Developer, who is ready to work and encourage the use of the most innovative tools following good practices and working in a lovely environment and our office located in the city center.
We are looking for a passionate Developer with the capability to operate flexibly within a challenging environment and ideally show us a track record based upon experience and/or a strong academic career that includes good English language and general communication skills.
You will be required to develop your expertise in software development and to contribute to Sequel's programme of continuous improvement.
Every team is composed by different profiles and a mixture of Developers, QAs and Analysts and Head of Product, 50/50 between London and Malaga, and you will be in touch with all on a daily basis.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in software development for some years in enterprise software architecture platform: distributed system with complex transactions
- Familiar with cloud native services and containers
- Practical experience with OOP, design patterns.
- Good understanding of whole software life cycle and tools, using Git
- Knowledge of Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development
- Experience in supporting the team to build great software and follow best practices to ensure quality: sharing ideas, defending new proposals, etc.
- Strong communications and experience working in an English and medium size team
In addition to this you would ideally:
- Have completed degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Be used to an innovative stack in both frontend and backend. We work with .NET/C# and .NETCore, Web API Services, Angular/React and Typescript, but we welcome engineers from different technology backgrounds.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
If you want to walk around the Malaga office, see the link: