Growth Strategy Associate - 2021 Campus Recruitment Program - Australia
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate, Inc.
- Department: Sales
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package
*This opportunity is only available for spring/summer 2021 graduates*
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Sales and Marketing
PowerAdvocate, a Verisk Analytics business, delivers data and insights that operators in the energy and natural resources industry use to improve business performance. Our core asset is our $5 trillion+ proprietary database and technology platform which we apply to solve some of the world’s most complex cost management challenges for our customers in the power, oil and gas, minerals, and renewable energy sectors.
About the Role:
PowerAdvocate is a fast-growing company at the intersection of technology, big data, and natural resources. We are looking for driven, self-starting individuals to support strategy, sales, and marketing efforts in our global business.
As an Associate, you will play a critical role in supporting our customer engagement efforts, go-to-market strategy, and aggressive future company growth goals. Unlike traditional roles at many other data and software companies, you will have the opportunity to work on projects across the customer relationship lifecycle – from strategy creation to lead generation to deal closing – gaining an unparalleled level of autonomy, responsibility, and client exposure.
While Associates are responsible for a variety of tasks in the service of generating revenue and accelerating growth for PowerAdvocate, some common activities include:
- Interfacing directly with clients via our consultative sales model
- Performing proprietary market analyses to provide unique data insights to the market
- Developing messaging to communicate the value of PowerAdvocate’s software and data products to the market, and managing content marketing campaigns
- Supporting new market entry efforts
Who We Are Looking For:
Our Associates have come from a variety of professional and educational backgrounds, so we are not solely focused on a candidate’s experience. What we are really looking for are individuals who are smart, ambitious, hungry to learn, and who want to work in a collaborative, team-based environment. Some other things we are looking for include:
- Degree from an undergraduate program
- 0 – 1 year of experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills – we want people who can tell a story with numbers, and who aren’t afraid of digging into data
- Preference for a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture
What Else You Will Get:
There are a lot of reasons to work at PowerAdvocate, but nothing is as impactful as the business training and professional opportunities you will receive from our team. From day one, you will get:
- The opportunity to learn foundational business skills that will help jump start a career in technology, energy, entrepreneurship, or sales and marketing
- Significant professional growth in an environment where personal development is a core tenet of the team’s culture
- The opportunity to take on an enormous amount of responsibility early on your career
- Vibrant, start-up culture!
PowerAdvocate is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to PowerAdvocate, including unsolicited resumes sent to a PowerAdvocate business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to PowerAdvocate employees, will be considered Verisk property. PowerAdvocate will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.