- Edinburgh, UK
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
This role will form part of the Research Data Leadership group and will work closely with our Global Research, Data and Product functions. Reporting to the Head of Conventional Upstream Data, the successful candidate will help solve challenges around data pipelines, analysis and quality.
The success of this role will require a great deal of collaboration, problem solving and decision making. The core objective is to help migrate workflows from legacy systems, deliver internal efficiencies and new commercial opportunities through data. Ensuring we have a supporting and inclusive culture within our team is essential.
The level of appointment to which band on the company banding structure will be dependent on your skills, experience and capabilities demonstrated at assessment prior to the offer of employment.
- Together with Research Data and Product agree the best approach to deliver our data roadmap and vision
- Ensure the design and implementation of connected, scalable data pipelines in-line with our Engineering principles and Data architecture
- Utilise industry-leading data tools/frameworks to enable efficient Analytics and Insight
- Automate priority workflows and deliver efficiencies through connected datasets and integrated pipelines
- Identify opportunities for the use of data science and machine learning
- Foster an agile, high-performance and collaborative culture
- Create documentation to provide clear understanding of processes and enable migration from legacy systems
- Support the recruitment and development of the right people that will deliver our Data Vision and the commercial success of our business
The successful candidate for this role must have a strong Data background and understand the challenges of building a modern data-centric business with a commitment to incremental delivery. Proven experience of data transformation projects and the ability to articulate ideas effectively across all business areas is essential.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong technical foundation with proven experience in delivering data transformation projects and advanced analytics
- Experience with leading, coaching and mentoring individuals and teams through change
- Experience in data governance, data quality management & related business processes
- Hands-on expertise with agile methodologies, product delivery and data analysis
- Strong knowledge in Python, SQL and understanding of AWS
- Excellent stakeholder, project management and communication skills
- Solid experience of data modelling techniques, exploitation and BI tools
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.