BI Reporting Analyst (6 month fixed term contract)
- Edinburgh, UK
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The primary responsibility of this role is to produce reports, dashboards and data extracts needed to review the leading indicators of sales performance and customer analytics. Working to understand both internal and external requirements, then providing solutions to meet those requirements.
A key part of the role is to support the development of self-service dashboards that users adopt and utilise daily which are also efficient and effective in their use and design. This role holder will develop great internal relationships with Sales and Customer Focus teams to ensure reports are created, delivered, and maintained, and related applications are working effectively and continue to meet the needs of the business. The day to day support of these key stakeholders is an essential part of this role.
Providing ongoing sales territory planning support, which would include, but not limited to; win/loss analysis, pipeline analysis, win-back analysis, client industry analytics & tracking whitespace data analysis.
Beyond these initial primary responsibilities, the role holder may also become involved in supporting go-to-market pricing & packaging analysis activity.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN INITIAL SIX MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining reports and dashboards to meet the needs of the Sales and Customer Focus functions that provide insight into key data points
- Support requests for ad-hoc analysis required in custom formats
- Act as key point of contact for any queries relating to the data
- Support the Sales division and sometimes other departments, in reaching their goals through data analysis and presentation of data and insight
- Be a subject matter expert on sales performance reporting, focusing on events before and after a deal is closed by sales
- Provide day to day support of key stakeholders, understanding issues and requirements, ensuring quick and high-quality response
- Generate insightful recommendations from reporting to improve commercial performance
- Understand the end to end sales process and ensure reporting and analytics drives consistent improvements
GTM pricing & packaging analysis activity
- Provide commercial analysis to support the review of (product) packaging and related pricing options (Data identification, extraction, analysis, review, and presentation)
- Consider and present analysis in ways that provides the best packaging and related pricing insights
- Develop understanding of WoodMac products that form part of the Lens initiative to best support the above activity
- Develop an ongoing process to best meet packaging and pricing analysis across the business
- Create and maintain documentation to provide clear understanding of processes
- Ensure that all actions and tasks are delivered on schedule and to a high standard and any delays/issues are raised and items escalated
- Operate with best practice to deliver globally consistent 'best in class' service, quality and accuracy in the work completed
- Proactive in terms of identifying key stakeholder needs (A business partner mind-set rather than just acting on request)
- All reporting, analytical and insight solutions must be effective, optimal and scalable
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A successful track record of work in reporting and analytics from a sales, marketing, or service function
- Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Should be confident, outgoing and professional with experience in a fast-paced environment and acute business and commercial awareness
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and front–line employees
- Excellent cultural awareness, especially when liaising with stakeholders remotely and/or outside of home country
- Analytically minded with very strong data analysis skills
- Good organisation and planning skills, with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to effectively manage expectations and challenge where appropriate
- Ability to elicit stakeholder requirements relating to customer analytics, pricing and packaging, and sales performance
- Ability to turn requirements into a set of data outputs
- Experience of commercial / sales environments and data
- Advanced MS Excel modelling skills, SQL an advantage but not essential
- Experienced in using MS Power BI or similar business intelligence tool
- Knowledge of statistical software desired (R preferred)
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.