Software Engineer (.NET)
- Kraków, Poland
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We have an exciting job vacancy for a software developer, Microsoft .net stack (C#). The successful candidate will join a team of three, working on our market leading compliance software. You will operate in a globally matrixed team, working in agile methodology.
- Adhere to agile software development principles throughout all phases of the software development process – gathering and reviewing user requirements, database and application design, coding, testing, installation and maintenance, internal and external customer training and product rollout.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product in addition to analysis of current programs and processes and making recommendations which yield a more cost-effective product.
- Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned projects
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Commercial experience of .net framework/MS stack/C#
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL Server/Aurora, Oracle), SOA/microservices architectures is required; experience with nonSQL databases (Dynamo) is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Software Engineering techniques like Test-Driven Development and test automation
- Experience with AWS Serverless (Lambda) environment is a plus
- Knowledge in SAP EHS and Specification Database is a plus
- Exhibits good judgment and can recommend and produce solid solutions for a wide range of complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and possess a positive attitude
- Environmental, Health and Safety, Chemistry or Chemical knowledge, a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.