Lead Software Engineer (AWS, Python, Java)
- Kraków, Poland
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As a member of AIR Worldwide’s Software Development team, you will act as a liaison between product owners, architects, development team members and analysts to build and maintain enterprise-level software solutions. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of smart-client design and superior development and design ability with strong analytical skills. This person will have a “Solid line” reporting relationships with development staff members and will be responsible for the work, products and status communications from that team.
The team lead will provide technical support in new project initiatives, design, develop and enhance existing systems.
- Build and manage a team of 3 software engineers
- Execution and delivery of our software roadmap
- Hands-on involvement in architecting and engineering of our SaaS application
- Ensuring high quality of software delivery
- Act as an interface between software engineers and all other stakeholders in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- Experience in managing and leading teams in a software engineering environment
- Software development experience in a cloud environment, AWS preferred
- Experience with agile development frameworks (SCRUM, Kanban) and continuous integration is beneficial
- A strong communicator and problem solver
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Good command of English in a software engineering context
- Basic understanding of probability- and/or insurance-related concepts a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.