Consultant - Pl/SQL / Informatica
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Verisk Business: Fintellix
Headquartered in New York, USA, with offices in UK, India, Australia, Brazil, UAE and Singapore, Fintellix, a Verisk business, is a leading Compliance, Risk & Analytics Products and Solutions provider for the Global Financial Services Industry. Fintellix’s solutions are available for on-premises implementations as well as provisioning from Regional Cloud Infrastructure. Fintellix is funded by venture capital majors Sequoia Capital and IDG Ventures to accelerate market expansion and boost product innovation efforts. To learn more about Fintellix please visit us at: www.fintellix.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Product Consultant is primarily responsible for:
- Being part of the team involved in the complete end-to-end technical implementation of the Fintellix Products for a customer.
- Contribute towards design, development and configuration of Fintellix Products for a customer.
- Learn and apply the understanding of the Fintellix Products & Platform features in the interactions with Fintellix internal stakeholders (system owners, business analysts, and product engineers) & customer for delivering the right solution.
- Understand the project plan, allocated tasks and ensure timely & quality deliverables.
- Interact with client business user & IT community along with the project BAs and LPC (Lead Product Consultant) to understand the business requirements and detail these into functional specifications, thus ensuring clarity of scope for the areas/modules of your responsibility
- Understand Requirement documents (BRD-Business Requirements Document) and translate these into Functional Specifications (FSD-Functional Specifications Document) and develop the same into high/low level solution design documents (SDD-Solution Design Document) under the guidance of the LPC.
- Discuss, debate and finalize the Testing Strategy with the Bank’s functional and technical SPOC’s and ensure detailed clarity exists around how the accuracy of the deliverables will be tested by the Fintellix team and eventually in UAT as well.
- Understand the Fintellix Data Hub (Reception and Hub) entities and participate in exercises to map the source systems to the Fintellix Reception (DMD-Data Mapping Document)
- Identify various technical and functional nuances/problems around data availability, missing data, incomplete data, data that needs to be derived using logic etc. To solve these problems, work with the LPC to conceptualise the appropriate solution using the data processing & management features of the Fintellix Platform.
- Configuring the business logic for the solution using Fintellix Platform features.
- Designing/developing the ETLs for data extraction from various source systems, design of integrated work-flow, scheduling of ETL jobs etc.
- Understand and practice the versioning & release management guidelines defined for the project.
- Understand & take responsibility of the installation & deployment of the Fintellix products & various components.
- Identify changes in scope & potential delay that would impact the project schedule and flag it off to the LPC/project manager.
- Support customers/bank users in SIT/UAT/Production deployment, data migration and defect management.
- Document the deliverables & help provide for a smooth transition to the support team.
- Work closely with the Fintellix LPC/project manager to manage the implementation activities.
- Identify automation interventions that would help in smoother implementation and also provide constructive feedback on Product & Platform improvement.
DESIRED PROFILE DETAILS
- Minimum 2.5 years of experience (Exp Range – 3 to 5 Years)
- Involved in at least one complete project lifecycle as a developer in any ONE of the below type of projects:
- Enterprise core banking solution (or CBS) like Finacle, Flexcube, Bancs etc. implementation experience. Understanding of the architecture and underlying data structures
- DWBI/ETL project implementation experience for Banks
- Risk and Compliance solution development and implementation at a Bank Type of Skills
Technical- Strong hands-on experience on PL/SQL, SQL programming with both design and development
- Sound working knowledge with one or more RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL etc. (Grants, Synonyms, User privileges, Materialized Views, Indexes etc.)
- Basic skills on a flavour of Unix
Functional - Exposure & understanding of at least 1 Banking subject areas among CASA, Loans, Facilities & Limits, GL, Trade and Treasury
Others - Open to travel and be able to work at client site abiding by customer policy, process etc.
NICE TO HAVE
Technical- Knowledge of DW/BI/ETL tools like: Informatica, SSIS, MSTR, BO etc.
- Exposure to DW/BI architecture and systems (ODS, EDW, ETL etc.)
- Experience of developing ETL application in a DW/BI or Analytical project
- Understanding of Data modelling
- Development of reports/dashboards
- Knowledge of Database Performance management and tuning
- Shell Scripting
Functional - Exposure/knowledge of any banking industry data model
- Accounting/Financial/Regulatory reporting experience for Banking
- Inter dependencies and interfaces across multiple transaction systems in a Bank
Others - Interact with client user community to understand the business requirements to map it to functional requirements
- Versioning & Release management best practices
- Experience in interacting with external stakeholders/customers in one or more projects at site
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.