Senior Software Development Engineer (C#/.NET)
- Málaga, Spain
- Verisk Business: ISO
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
In our tech stack we use .NET Core, Angular, PostgreSQL and AWS. Our team follows best practices and standards and is focused on delivering high quality products.
In our tech stack we use .NET Core, Angular, PostgreSQL and AWS. Our team follows best practices and standards and is focused on delivering high-quality products.
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer some great benefits including;
- A 35-hour working week
- Private Medical
- Lunch tickets
- English Classes, ....and more!
- Accountable for leading application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on coding while designing and architecting web content solutions.
- Serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Provide technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers.
- Troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
- 8+ years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet
- Experienced in developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns
- Proficient experience and understanding in the following technologies: C#, ASP.Net MVC, WebAPI,
- AngularJS, NUnit and Moq, LINQ, NHibernate or Entity Framework, Spring.Net, Continuous
- Integration, JQuery, CSS, AJAX
- Highly experienced at leading teams, interacting with business partners or customers, and guiding
- project direction.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.·
- Superior organization skills, skilled at recognizing priorities, and keeping a team focused most important features.
- Must have a passion for development and latest technologies
- Leadership and ability to guide design and technical meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.