Technology Project Manager II
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Verisk Business: ISO
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are looking for an infrastructure project manager to lead technology / infrastructure projects independently with minimal direction. Projects must meet identified requirements and success criteria, acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, schedule, and scope.
· Takes responsibility for the successful delivery of infrastructure projects. Diligently manages planning and execution of projects from inception to closure.
· Serves as the point of contact for technology initiatives to ensure adequate communication, coordination, reporting, and prioritization of all project related work.
· Implement cross-org infrastructure technology initiatives, such as migration of datacenters, servers, databases and other infrastructure components
· Design and execute continuous improvement programs, practices, and routines integrated across IT infrastructure and operations.
· Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project, including the provision and use of contingency for those risks which are to be managed.
· Proactively takes the initiative to identify and resolve issues impacting or may impact the implementation team.
· Communicates effectively and efficiently with all stakeholders of the project based on their needs.
· Develop, implement, and / or streamline processes and plans as appropriate. Collaborate with agile development teams while leveraging some agile practices with infrastructure teams.
· Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Applicants must have at least 5+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Effectively managed IT projects
- Thorough understanding of estimation and planning best practices.
- Strong understanding of project management concepts to implement technology initiatives
- Worked for an organization, or department within an organization, that followed a strict, disciplined process.
- Displayed competence in the coordination of complex projects.\
- Managed multiple concurrent projects, and determined their associated priorities and resourcing.
- Successfully managed the risk and opportunity situations on projects of limited complexity.
- Demonstrate a totally business-focused approach, achievement of business objectives, and the identification of further business opportunities.
- Provide leadership in a wide variety of areas and situations.
- Negotiate firmly but sensitively with senior management, and external partners.
- Excellent communicate skills both in meetings and discussions as well as through reporting and presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of agile principles and concepts, and applying them in practice.
- Display adaptability and flexibility to deal with the non-routine or unexpected situations
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.