VP, Global Head of Energy Transition Consulting
- Houston, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Consulting
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
The role of the Global Head of Energy Transition Consulting requires a combination of leadership, management, project direction on consulting mandates, business winning capabilities and wider development of the Global Energy Transition consulting team. The role holder will lead the strategy and growth of the Energy Transition consulting practice, developing and managing the relationship with key clients, and being responsible for its sales and commercial success. The role is high-profile both internally and externally and influential in Wood Mackenzie achieving its goals globally.
- Retain and increase Energy Transition consulting revenues as well as improving the profitability of Wood Mackenzie consulting projects and multi-client studies
- Develop networks and relationships that lead to a deep understanding of clients’ needs and therefore future consulting requirements
- Pro-actively maintain a high-level of client interaction to source and develop strong relationships and a solid, repeatable, profitable consulting business
- Support the targeting, prioritization and engagement of clients in EMEARC to develop a platform for Energy Transition consulting activities
- Promote best practice in terms of business development across the Energy Transition consulting group
- Work with project manager to scope and write pitches
People and Thought Leadership
- Build and maintaining the appropriate internal network (across consulting, research and client management) to deliver the best possible outcome for both Wood Mackenzie and its clients
- Motivate and develop staff, improving our understanding of the challenges faced by our key clients
- Generate innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues, both within particular assignments and to the research and consulting practice, focusing on energy transition and its role within the global industry
- Work closely with the global Energy Transition practice group to promote best practice in our existing offerings and take a key role in the future development of the consulting offering
- Drive the overall global Energy Transition consulting strategy
- Recruit and manage the Global Energy Transition consulting practice
- Work closely with research teams and ensure consistent and good working relationships exist, providing a mentoring role for research and sales & account management colleagues who have a different reporting line
- Work closely with the other regional and global sector leads to ensure alignment of the consulting practice regarding existing and planned commitments
- Ensure tight control of project pipeline and proper resource management
- Ensure development of consulting skills and processes across team
- Actively participate in client mandates working with team and clients to ensure high quality and insightful results for both Energy Transition research and consulting
- Improve operational process for life cycle of consulting assignments and ensure processes are embedded across broader research and consulting team members
- Ensure commitments to client can be met and that pitching activity is aligned with business strategy and adequate to achieve revenue goals
- Manage client expectations
The Global Head of Energy Transition Consulting is highly commercial combining analytical rigor, acute problem solving and the skills to motivate and guide a team of talented Energy Transition consultants. The individual will excel at nurturing client relationships and ensuring quality solutions that endeavour to exceed our client's expectations. Candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and abilities will excel in this role:
- A focus on Energy Transition and a thorough understanding of the trends and drivers that are shaping the Energy industry, particularly its commercial aspects
- An intellectual curiosity and drive to explore and address our client's challenges.
- A service mind-set and the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers.
- Superior people management and leadership skills in order to hone and utilise diverse talents within our team. Motivating our team through example is ideal – in terms of intellectual drive and curiosity, service excellence and a focus on work-life balance.
- Experience within consulting with a strong knowledge of consulting processes is important as well as a proven track record of growing business within the energy/consulting space.
- Client focussed
- Continuous improvement
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Providing leadership
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.