- Bath, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
- Department: Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Verisk Maplecroft is seeking a Cloud Engineer (Infrastructure, Operations, Security) to join their DevOps team in Bath, UK. Where you will be supporting the migration and optimization of applications and services that run in Amazon Web Services (AWS). The role requires solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
In this role you will work on engineering and continuous improvement of infrastructure stacks, templates, images, and other artifacts. Facilitate the successful deployment of the infrastructure and applications: CI/CD pipelines and platform, config management platform, artifact/code repositories, upgrades, patching. You will also be responsible for managing the operational health. This includes, metrics, logging, alerting, inventory, and capacity management and managing ongoing security and compliance within application stacks and the cloud environment overall.
Cloud Service Design
- Translate service requirements into service models (templates) and/or workflows for automatic provisioning.
- Accountable for the cloud service offering model design documentation.
- Accountable for verifying that cloud service models meet appropriate compliance/governance requirements.
- Ensures that the automation technical environment is properly maintained and correctly designed.
Cloud Service Automation
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes. Ensure that all that can be automated is automated.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
Cloud Service Deployment
- Develops orchestration workflows, templates or scripts to deploy, configure or update cloud services and related components including OS, utilities, agents or other software used within the cloud infrastructure.
- Develops self-service catalog capability
Logging, Monitoring, and Remediation
- Develops monitoring scripts or templates to gather metrics or look for patterns and events and to generate alarms
- Designs and develops features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms
- Develops event or incident remediation workflows or actions to resolve issues
Configuration and Compliance
- Develops automated configuration and compliance controls and related remediation tasks
- Designs and develops custom templates, reports, and compliance remediation workflows and actions.
- Willingness to be hands on with AWS architecting and engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience
- Minimum 2 years of software development/coding experience
- Proficient coding in Python, Django, JSON, etc
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
- AWS certification, or ability to get certified within three months of hire
- Understanding of Cloud Computing technologies and migration challenges
- Experience implementing security controls, SCTMs
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.