Software (Java and Python) Engineer
- Alcorcón, Madrid, Spain
- Verisk Business: Geomni
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Geomni, a Verisk business, specializes in software and technologies related to aerial imagery - providing the world’s most comprehensive and cutting-edge imagery data acquisition, processing, analytics, and distribution.
Using the latest remote sensing and machine learning technologies, Geomni gathers, stores, processes, and delivers geographic and spatially referenced information used by many markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning. Property professionals can use the data to help determine scope of damage, discover hazards, assess risk, perform valuations, and much more. Our property analytics database supports a number of critical tools that protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Geomni, please visit us at: Geomni.net. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, business managers, and QA to design, build, and maintain sophisticated web applications and processing systems. A strong web development and computer science background is required. Your ability to focus on details and passion for precision & accuracy will be instrumental to your success. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will make you effective in your role. You will be expected to continuously learn and implement best practices and new technologies. You will be a key role for our engineering teams, an evangelist for the continual improvement of our people, processes, and systems.
In addition, you will:
- Work on a team of developers to accomplish collective goals every sprint
- Provide feedback to team members to increase effectiveness of processes
- Build products by improving performance of our code and handling scaling issues to accommodate user growth
- Create new products and features to match business needs.
- Aid in definition and implementation of specifications for new applications and features
- Maintain current products while keeping technical debt to a minimum
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- 5+ years of full-stack web development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Hyper-focused on customers and their needs, using strong analytical skills to translate business requirements to technical solutions.
- Forward-thinker that is passionate about innovation as well as a quick learner that thrives in a team environment, often working with multiple teams.
- Experience in defining and implementing new architectures and ability to drive architecture for projects that follows current best practices.
- Expert in various web technologies and frameworks: RESTful services, GraphQL, HTML/CSS, Angular, etc.
- Expert in AWS or other cloud infrastructures, including serverless architecture.
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI\CD pipelines.
- Experience securing online systems and data, meeting worldwide regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills that can help our international partners which English is their native language.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail – Getting it right is our top priority.
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience/Knowledge in any of these categories: Geospatial data, mapping, aerial imagery, CAD, database optimization, big data, data science, machine learning, computer vision, Kubernetes.
- Fluent in English and background working in international environments where communication is vital for success.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.