L2 Desktop Support
- Kraków, Poland
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The main responsibility of this position is to receive user inquiries, requests, and trouble reports and accurately resolve or properly escalate as appropriate in effort to resolve a failed IT service as quickly as possible. User requests are typically delivered via ServiceNow.
Due to the nature of the position, It is important that you are able to maintain knowledge in a broad, constantly evolving assortment of IT technologies, policies, and procedures, and must be able to provide user support accurately, consistently and keep end users informed about the status of incidents and requests.
- Provide accurate, timely and high-quality customer-focused assistance.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of technical support to customers on the technology used to deliver support of products and services and of related software to Verisk’s internal employees.
- Responsible for registering and classifying received incidents/requests via call center/ticketing system, and to undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no solution can be achieved, technicians are responsible to escalate the incident/request to subject matter engineers or groups.
- Respond to customers within a designated timeframe with resolution/outcome and ensure customer business needs are met while adhering to ITIL process, corporate standards, and meeting service level agreements.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all team members in quick resolution of incidents and service requests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. IT certifications preferred but not required. Experience in a similar role is preferred but not required.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude.
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to generate thoughtful, creative approaches to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others. Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to handle high stress and demanding situations and multi task effectively while exercising patience and professionalism.
- Computer literate with experience in most Microsoft products, Windows and Mac OS. Active Directory, ISIM and Service Now.
- Good understanding of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Experience in Remote connectivity via VPN and VDI. Knowledge of TCP/IP as well as Network Hardware, such as routers, switches, hubs, WiFi, cabling etc. including their functions and capabilities. Basic understanding of power concepts.
- Proficiency in Remote assistance/screen sharing tools such as PC Assist or similar tool which is used in most Help Desks to take control of customers PC’s.
- General office working conditions and environment
- Occasional exceptional hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Moderate Lifting required
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.