Software Engineering Manager - Remote
- Bristol, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Verisk Maplecroft is seeking a Manager for their Software Engineering team. In this role, you will work in the client solutions team and will focus on our core GRiD “Global Risk Intelligence” platform, client facing API’s and bespoke products. This is a critical role that supports the engineering team as well as internal and external customers and a suite of client facing applications. As a manager, you will mentor and coach, provide technical leadership on architecture and direction and provide work planning roadmaps and execution.
- Responsible for managing a team of software developers to deliver high quality products within budget and on schedule. Provide mentorship and guidance to engineering staff helping them design, deliver and maintain high quality products. Provide coaching as necessary.
- Direct and coordinate business planning, projects, and overall support of the various activities within the client facing solutions team.
- Working across business and operations stakeholders to understand solution needs and capabilities required to improve solution offerings.
- Evangelize customer-first thinking across a variety of teams.
- Develops and implements long term strategic direction including Software Architecture and alignment with company performance objectives.
- Participates in full software development life cycle delivering robust high- performance applications and services adhering to team and corporate standards, guidelines, and policies.
- Explore a variety of technical directions and help team members understand pros/cons to facilitate getting to desired solutions.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure resources are aligned accurately with features to complete projects on time at a high quality.
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for small software development tasks.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities in projects.
- Provides long-term maintenance and support for developed or enhanced systems.
- Has a deep understanding of distributed service-oriented architecture, including RESTful styles.
- Experience with Agile architecture and development.
- Understands the design implications of incorporating analytics into solutions and delivering information to users through a variety of interfaces.
- Is skilled in design and deployment for elastic computing and cloud environments.
- Can build scalable and sustainable solutions.
- Grow the team by recruiting and hiring top talent.
- 6+ years of experience in Leading, Designing, Development, Coding and Testing of client facing products using Python, Angular, Django, MySQL, git,
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- AWS or Cloud based services exposure
- Must have worked with Scrum teams and best practices.
- Used Agile Methodology and SCRUM Techniques to accomplish deadlines and timelines.
- Strong hands on experience in Requirement Analysis, Testing, Deploying and Implementation, Software Documentation and Maintenance
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.