QA Automation Engineer
- Lalitpur, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Act as QA lead on a wide variety of projects
- Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases and test data for search intense back-end data applications in such a way that defects are uncovered as early as possible
- Clearly define test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application functionality, performance and security
- Continuously develop and socialize best practices for the design and development of robust and easily maintainable QA Automation Suites.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 1 to 3 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation
Skills and Knowledge -
- Passion to work and grow as a Software QA Engineer
- Ability to analyze acceptance criteria and discuss scenarios with team with a goal of identifying possible issues upfront even before the feature is developed
- Ability to build automated test scripts, plan tests and strategies according to the project
- Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue
- Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting
- Proven excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile workflow as well as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of a programming/scripting language – JAVA, C# .Net, Scripting, Python
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable QA automation workflows
- Experience in testing web services such as RESTful API
- Experience in performance testing using tools such as Apache JMeter
- Experience of testing Search clusters like Solr, Lucene and Elastic Search
- Proficient in SQL and relational database concepts, experience or knowledge of NoSQL DB preferably MongoDB
- Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as SQL, XML, JSON and scripting languages with experience in testing non-GUI applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool and familiarity with Continuous Integration atmosphere
- Knowledge of AWS services would be a strong plus point.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.