Software Engineer - JAVA Developer
- Lalitpur, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Design, implement and maintain JAVA application
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Engage in technical grooming discussions where you should be able to learn as well as contribute
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Ensure designs follow specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 2 to 3 years of professional experience in Java based application development
Skills and Knowledge -
- Have strong sense of ownership with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent understanding of OOP design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Ability to learn new, emerging technologies
- You have a solid general understanding of application components and search engines – what happens on the front end, what happens on the back end.
- You’re a professional. That means you follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, don’t cut corners, consider other people’s ideas, play nice with the team, learn from your mistakes, document things and communicate honestly and proactively if you anticipate an issue doing any of the above
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities
- Possess strong troubleshooting, code optimization and refactoring skills
- Strong in JAVA programming and JAVA based technologies – JAVA 8+ features, J2EE Framework, Spring Framework
- Experience working in heavily multithreaded application
- Experience or knowledge of Search Engines like Solr, Lucene and Elastic Search
- Experience in microservices architecture and RESTful API development
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB, MSSQL and/or Postgres),
- Knowledge of queuing and messaging technologies like RabbitMQ, SNS and SQS
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tool and deep understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.