- Houston, TX, USA
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Sales
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world’s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world’s leading data analytics company extends our ability to support clients with our unrivalled analysis and advice. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategy that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2017, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year and to its America’s Best Mid-Size Employers list. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the second consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
The role of the Account Manager is to develop business and manage relationships within Energy organizations, including but not limited to: E&P, utilities, midstream, oilfield services, refiners or end users.
The Account Management team is a key driver for sales execution and performance across existing and new accounts. You will be instrumental for the achievement of sales targets as well as the effective use of resources to achieve such targets. Your client portfolio will include a diverse set of customers in key Wood Mackenzie markets. This is your opportunity to truly partner with the firm’s clients.
Delivering the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Develops a comprehensive portfolio plan considering macro & micro economic factors that could impact the customer buying cycle
Growth and New Client Development
- Pro-actively manages and maximizes the commercial growth of the portfolio to aligned with regional priorities
- Successfully identifying customers amongst the portfolio that present the best opportunity for growth through cross and up selling
- Represents Wood Mackenzie at conferences and professional organizations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities
- Effective client engagement and understanding of critical client business growth potential and how the Wood Mackenzie suite of products supports the client’s growth
- Supplying continuous feedback to the business of how to improve our service to customers inside of assigned portfolio as well as gathering relevant competitive intelligence
- Support new product and service development launches
- To be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders and the voice of Wood Mackenzie to the customer
- Effective teaming with the broader organization to include marketing, training, client services, research and consulting
Knowledge & Experience Required
- At least 5 years of experience in a client facing or Account Manager role
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Have a proven commercial track record in developing clients and establishing a trusted advisor relationship
- Demonstrate experience in building client relationships along with excellent communication skills
- Have used CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Be an energetic, driven individual, a successful negotiator and demonstrate results-oriented mind-set
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation
- Be passionate about growing the business and have a genuine interest in developing and growing themselves
- Have an intellectual curiosity about how data and analysis, solves critical business issues
- Show strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload effectively
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate salesforce forecasting
What you’ll love about Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.