Principal Engineer / Senior Software Engineer - .Net /C#
- Lalitpur, Nepal
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk IoT/Telematics, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), provides a start-up like excitement with the stability of a thriving public company. Verisk’s signature automotive telematics effort is the Verisk Data Exchange, which collects IoT telematics data from connected vehicles and provides advanced analytical solutions to its customers.
Verisk IoT/ Telematics is seeking an Application Developer to develop our next generation products with an opportunity to work with exciting, cutting-edge technologies that will enable us to deliver innovative, fast, scalable and reliable products to our customers. You will join the core team responsible for the development of our data exchange for connected cars and home that is one of its kind in the world!
In this role, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented individuals that are responsible for creating and maintaining high traffic, API/web products depended on by top auto manufacturers and insurance companies for their daily business.
What you get to do every day:
- Design and develop high performance software libraries and APIs
- Implement highly scalable, performant, fault tolerant processing systems in an AWS environment
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Work with our Product teams to gather detailed requirements for new products, services & tools.
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Lead a team of junior developer(s), provide guidance and mentorship
What you bring to the role:
- Have strong sense of ownership with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Have previous design/development experience with large-scale production systems and/or data platforms with knowledge of high availability cloud-based applications
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders. Ability to elaborate and convert business requirements into technical requirements, create architecture and design documents for the stakeholders.
- Knowledge of cloud-based applications would be a strong plus point
- Experience working with large-scale production systems and/or data platforms
- Experience leading a development effort, including mentoring younger developers
- Experience interfacing with external groups, product managers, partners, customers
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3 to 10 years full-time work experience with good knowledge of AWS environment
- You must have demonstrated experience in EACH of these domains and technologies:
- Strong ability to build RESTful services in C# with .NET/.NET Core and Python (nice to have)
- .Net Frameworks 4.5+ and .Net Core 2.0+
- SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL and/or DynamoDB), Elasticsearch
- Proficient in SQL and relational database concepts
- Experience or Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, AWS Batch, Athena, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
- Preferably certified in AWS skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.