- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Verisk Business: Fintellix
- Department: Information Technology
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Headquartered in New York, USA, with offices in UK, India, Australia, Brazil, UAE and Singapore, Fintellix, a Verisk business, is a leading Compliance, Risk & Analytics Products and Solutions provider for the Global Financial Services Industry. Fintellix’s solutions are available for on-premises implementations as well as provisioning from Regional Cloud Infrastructure. Fintellix is funded by venture capital majors Sequoia Capital and IDG Ventures to accelerate market expansion and boost product innovation efforts. To learn more about Fintellix please visit us at: www.fintellix.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join Verisk Financial - Fintellix organization to support our DevOps support team. The ideal candidate will have broad dev ops experience with demonstrated experience in establishing dev ops solution, CI/CD and AWS. The DevOps Engineer will assess and support existing technologies, work with build and deploy processes, design future state, to the DevOps model. The engineer will also be responsible in identifying automation opportunities and deploy necessary tools, solutions to automate them. Continuous learning and applying new technologies, tools will be a part of job.
The role requires experience in DevOps, Continuous Integration and development system, cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Design and build DevOps processes
- Design build plans, assist developers and testers with failures
- Maintain and manage software and deployment configurations
- Ensure end-to-end automated deployments and resource update management
- Identify and automate all non-core activities and create tools sets for various teams.
- Create and manage documentations of standards and process
- Provide direction to developers with server troubleshooting and application errors due to configuration issues
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis
- Monitor production environment and act to keep systems stable and running
- support production migrations (off-hours) and provide off-hour support when required to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications
- Mentor and guide more junior colleagues
- 3 to 5 years of DevOps experience
- Should be able to automate a dev to production pipeline using CICD tools.
- Should be familiar with latest tech stack, their deployment requirement and deploying apps on cloud & on premise VMs.
- Extensive hands-on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technology experience
- Should have worked with Linux and windows environments to support application deployment, management and administration
- Certification on AWS or Azure cloud is a definitive advantage.
- Experience working with automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform, CHEF, or Ansible
- Proficient in: Bash, Chef, Powershell, Python, XML, Web concepts such as REST APIs and SPA
- Prior work with Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, microservices, message queues and related technologies will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies
- Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced data
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving and passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have passion for technology and automation
- Experience in financial services and an understanding of the related regulatory requirements is a plus but not required
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.