Energy Intelligence Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Power Advocate, Inc.
- Department: Analytics Community
PowerAdvocate leads the energy data industry by providing energy companies with clarity into their complex data. Our Energy FactBase, currently at $5+ trillion and growing, helps customers to create operational and financial excellence. We help our clients to understand how they can leverage our unique view of the marketplace to reduce costs and manage operation risk working with executives on the cutting edge in the power, oil and gas, and renewable energy sectors.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Are you passionate about energy and want to join a team providing cutting edge intelligence to the energy market? Does your perfect day consist of not only analyzing complex information to find useful insights and connections but also helping our clients use it to make better decisions? Can you integrate qualitative and quantitative analysis to “tell a story” that provides critical information that is useful to the company and its clients? Do you have a strong desire to learn new tools and techniques to solve business problems?
PowerAdvocate is seeking an Energy Intelligence Analyst to join our growing company. If you have a 1-10 years’ of energy experience and thrive in a dynamic environment where you work with clients to solve critical cost problems, we have the job for you.
SUMMARY: The Energy Intelligence Analyst is a key member of the Energy Intelligence Group (EIG), which operates PowerAdvocate’s Cost Intelligence product. The EIG Analyst conducts research and delivers critical knowledge and independent analysis on all inputs to energy infrastructure. Such inputs include global prices for metals, labor trends, and localized commodity prices. Industry trends, geopolitics, and strategy are all considered. Additionally, the EIG Analyst is responsible for the data collection and aggregation, forecasting, and analysis which feeds into the cost modeling. Utilizing our products and services, the EIG Analyst helps decision makers anticipate the energy future and formulate timely, successful plans in the face of a rapidly changing market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Serve as primary point of contact for EIG clients as an expert on PowerAdvocate products and the energy industry.
• Support the sales process including development of a compelling value proposition, solution development, proposal development and product demonstrations.
• Work closely with PowerAdvocate’s proprietary platform and with other experts to develop price forecasts and make market analysis recommendations to our clients.
• Conduct primary research for published analyses using industry sources, including competitive assessment and third-party data analysis.
• Create reports with both conceptual analysis and quantitative findings to show market trends to our clients.
• Assume responsibility for functional area expertise in spend categories that are critical to our clients’ decision making.
• Perform data extraction, manipulation, cleaning, analysis, and audit of large datasets, relying on well-structured procedures and maintaining reproducibility of results.
• The EIG Analyst contributes as part of an Agile Scrum team, in a fast-paced environment with high visibility to the rest of the company.
• 1 – 10 years’ experience in the energy sector
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management skills with attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
• Enjoys organizing large data sets, identifying discrepancies, and making appropriate adjustments
• Experience with programming, data proofing, mining, and cleaning is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills with success in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience in a client-facing role a plus
• Applicable Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Engineering with a quantitative, statistical, and/or economics focus;
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.