SQL Data Analyst
- Burlingame, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Lundquist Consulting, Inc
LCI provides over 20 years of information engineering expertise within the areas of consumer account analytics and credit behavior, bankruptcy, as well as credit and financial counseling. LCI has an in-depth knowledge of bankruptcy, credit, fraud, payment transaction data, data processing and reporting. To learn more about LCI, please visit us at: www.lciinc.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- You will join the Data Quality and Analytics team and ensure the success of the company by assisting in the identification and implementation of quality control procedures to maintain the highest quality of the nation’s best bankruptcy database.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and develop metrics and reports to identify trends to improve data quality.
- Provide support to the existing data analytics and data processing environment, including periodic data refresh, troubleshoot errors, fix bugs, and implement enhancements.
- Monitor data and reports for potential data issues including duplicates, incorrect values, outliers and potential policy violations
- Create data visualizations to effectively convey findings and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the junior staff within the team and ensures efficient execution of their duties
- 2+ years of data analysis experience, preferably leveraging MS SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL Server (SSMS, SSIS, and SSRS), SQL/Transact-SQL, and data analysis.
- Experience with synthesizing findings and visualizing data to tell a coherent story to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytics experience - good statistics background; experience with visualization tooling such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Expert in manipulating data, extracting desired information and experience in presenting data to senior management
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organization skills, attention to details and ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Creative and out of the box thinking
- Knowledge of R/Python and data warehousing would be a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.