Senior DevOps Engineer
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Verisk Business: Commerce Signals, Inc.
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Commerce Signals connects advertising data to payment partner data to determine which marketing tactics are driving incremental sales in-store and online. With faster and more granular measurements, clients eliminate waste by optimizing their marketing spending while campaigns are still in-flight. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Commerce Signals is seeking a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer. Candidates should have 2+ years experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Must have prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Build, Deploy, and Release experience
- Familiarity with CloudFormation
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes (EKS)
- Configuration management experience with one of Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production
- environments with many nodes
- Strong practical Linux systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e. Bash, Ruby, Python, etc
- Knowledge of cloud networking, VPC's, DNS, load balancing and network security
- Supporting systems and auditing logs to identify existing problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience with data security compliance audits and remediation
- Willingness to contribute to a small team in ways that surpass initial job requirements.
- Atlassian Tool experience (especially Bamboo or Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Minimal/occasional assistance with small-office IT support
- Experience documenting system configuration
- Experience managing a team
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.