VP Product Leadership
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Verisk Business: Commerce Signals, Inc.
- Department: Information Technology
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The VP Product Leadership will direct product development in a small but rapidly growing team within Verisk Analytics. This individual will translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. To succeed in this role, the individual should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver.
- Customer/Market Focus
Understanding customer and market needs is a vital aspect of this job. The Product Leader must carry out extensive research to identify needs that new or improved products can fulfill. They review research reports, analyze and compare competitors’ products, and meet customers to discuss their requirements. The insight they gain from research should translate to clear direction and specification to product development programs and ensure that the company is not wasting time or resources on projects that do not reflect market needs.
- Project Management
Project management skills are essential to bring product development programs to a successful conclusion -- on time and within budget. The Product leader will develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets. They also set up reviews at each stage to ensure the program is meeting its objectives as it progresses from concept to specification, design, development and launch.
The Product Leader needs to have good communication skills to deal with the many different stakeholders in a product development program. They will liaise with the senior management team to agree on strategic development objectives and gain budget approval for projects. They will coordinate the work of different specialists within the development team and ensure that individual members keep the rest of the team informed on progress.
- Incorporating feedback and input from customers, client delivery partners, senior stakeholders and other in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead and manage a team of product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams including a team of software and data engineers
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Collaborate with marketing teams to support development of “go-to market” plans for new products
- Assist Sales teams to develop pricing recommendations for new and existing products
- Work closely with leadership to formulate revenue projections for products
A Product Leader should have a passionate dedication to their craft and a desire to work with peers and inspire them on a daily basis.
- BSc/BA degree or equivalent; graduate degree preferred
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role within the media, retail, data or tech sectors
- 7+ Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Sense of ownership relating to the product suite which will drive collaboration with marketing, sales and finance to ensure product thrives and grows
- Sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.