Sr. Regional Regulatory Specialist
- Burr Ridge, IL, USA
- Verisk Business: ISO
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Government Relations, you will have substantial contact with state regulatory officials on the timely approval and implementation of ISO filings, and related issues. You will monitor all property/casualty insurance legislation and regulations impacting ISO products and operations. You will be expected to maintain awareness of current events and topics at the local and regional level and maintain relations and liaise with local industry trade associations and other relevant organizations and stakeholders.
- Timely approval and implementation of ISO's regulatory filings of insurance program coverage forms, manuals, pricing and related products.
- Engage with other field offices and ISO divisions to develop coordinated solutions to regional and local issues affecting ISO products and services.
- Represent ISO interests at industry forums as required.
- Contribute to the development of ISO's positions on specific P&C insurance sector industry topics at the regional and local level.
- Provide technical support to local industry trade associations and other interested stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all insurance product related regulatory and legislative requirements.
- College degree.
- 8+ years' experience within the P&C industry. Experience in product development, pricing, or state filings and regulatory compliance are preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, oral/written communication and negotiation skills, and a proven record of project management.
- Experience working with insurance departments on regulatory and legislative issues and demonstrated ability to develop relationships with regulators, industry, trade organizations, and other stakeholders and advocate on company’s behalf a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically to advance ISO's and Verisk's interests.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current P/C marketplace.
- Understanding and use of ISO products is desirable.
- CPCU and other industry designations preferred.
- Based in Chicago area
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.