Quality Assurance Engineer
- Burlingame, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Lundquist Consulting, Inc
LCI provides over 20 years of information engineering expertise within the areas of consumer account analytics and credit behavior, bankruptcy, as well as credit and financial counseling. LCI has an in-depth knowledge of bankruptcy, credit, fraud, payment transaction data, data processing and reporting. To learn more about LCI, please visit us at: www.lciinc.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
This individual will join our Cadet development team and assist in all aspects of our quality assurance efforts. This includes development and execution of manual test plans for new features and defect remediation, and conversion of these manual testing process in automation test suites. Moving forward this person will also help drive the team’s larger automation strategy.
- Perform manual validation of product features, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Work with the QA and development teams to build a set of automated test suites that accelerate the delivery process.
- Actively participate in team’s agile process
- Help with user story estimation, and backlog grooming
- Participate in daily stand-ups
- Participate in team reviews & retrospectives
- Identify opportunities where automation can improve our processes
- 7+ years of QA experience with manual testing of web sites, web services and windows desktop applications
- 5+ years of experience working with MS SQL with basic SQL querying experience
- 5+ years of working experience with tools for automated testing of Web apps
- 1+ years of experience implementing automation testing for windows desktop apps
- Test complete experience is a big plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.