- Lexington, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AER
- Department: Finance
- Is this an Analytics Req?: No
Atmospheric and Environmental Research (AER), a Verisk business, has been helping businesses and governments better anticipate and manage climate and weather-related risks for more than 40 years. Large government agencies like NOAA, NASA and the Departments of Defense and Energy rely on AER’s scientists to help solve weather and climate related problems of vital national importance in energy, environment and national security. Large insurance, energy and investment firms count on AER to help them decrease weather-related losses and increase profitability by integrating state-of-the-art climate science and weather information into their planning and decision processes. To learn more about AER please visit us at: www.aer.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Our busy contracts department is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented experienced contract administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administration to all types of contracts and grants with the U.S. Government, prime contractors and commercial customers, as well as AER’s GSA Schedules and various purchase orders and consulting agreements
• Review, revise and negotiate contract terms and conditions and pricing, liaising with corporate legal department and business managers to obtain internal approvals
• Act as the point of contact with customers and program staff on assigned contracts as directed.
• Interpret and ensure compliance with FAR, DFAR, NASA and other related government rules and regulations and contractual terms and requirements and advise management on needed actions
• Review and interpret RFP/RFQ/Solicitations and prepare responses and coordinate with Finance to create cost proposals in required formats, prepare budget justifications, certifications, and other required documentation, assemble and edit the required materials, and verify all documents to ensure compliance
• Review and prepare Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and Memorandum of Understandings, etc.
• Perform subcontract administration which includes reviewing Statements of Work and development of RFP to subcontractors, analyzing and evaluating subcontractor proposals, reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions, and executing Subcontract Agreements with subcontractors
• Perform contract closeout and prepare all required associated paperwork.
• Participate and support Finance in monitoring contract funding/spending status, project estimate-to-complete, and financial closing as requested
• Provide assistance with DCAA audits, annual corporate audits and other internal and external compliance audits
• Perform ad hoc tasks within the Contracts department
The Candidate must have the following qualifications:
• Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement, government procurement procedures, and other applicable government regulations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work under deadlines and to successfully handle competing priorities efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other Finance personnel, other Company staff, and customers.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to pay close attention to details.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
A minimum of 2 years government contract administration experience are required. A bachelor's degree in, Business Administration or a related field is preferred. A Paralegal Certificate, Certificates in government contracting such as Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) are a plus. Ability to obtain security clearance is a plus.
US citizenship or US permanent residency required.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.