- Houston, Texas, United States
- Verisk Business: Wood Mackenzie
- Department: Analytics Community
- Is this an Analytics Req?: Yes
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Wood Mackenzie brings together the foremost data and research in upstream and refining with leading analysis and data on downstream chemicals, polymers and fibres markets. Clients can now access an unrivalled perspective that spans the full hydrocarbon chain, from the well head through to end products.
The Analytics Lab team at Wood Mackenzie is working to find new ways of unlocking value for clients through data and analytics. We are building a collaborative environment that facilitates bespoke data sharing within Study Groups of clients to conduct pilot projects to evaluate the power of predictive models on combined datasets.
If you have experience and interest in one of the below areas, join us!
- Data Management and Engineering
- Data Science
- Strategic Advisory
- Computer Science and Cloud Technologies
- Agile Product Development
About you and how you can excel in the Analytics Lab
- You are passionate about advanced analytics and love working with data.
- You understand the value of an domain knowledge to underpin data management and data science to support business decision-making.
- You have an analytical, commercial mind-set and have developed the ability through work experience to distil the most complex information into actionable insight.
- You also understand the big picture, which enables you to analyse and draw insight from a variety of data and information.
- You thrive in a collaborative, high performing team environment.
- You hold deeply our shared values, including integrity, passion, persistence, excellence. We believe in the veracity of our data, the efficacy of our analytics, and the advice we give to clients.
- You have a proven track record of fostering strong working relationships, developing networks and influencing others. The way in which you work is productive and driven, striving to be best in class. You often share ideas, find better ways of working and make things happen.
- The people around you recognise your ability to develop others, building an environment in which colleagues thrive and deliver high-quality results. You understand that diversity of experience and thought makes a difference and that working across different geographies requires cultural appreciation.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.