Community Mitigation Analyst (Entry Level)
- Mt Laurel Township, NJ, USA
- Verisk Business: ISO
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Do you value working with communities and enjoy complex problem solving?
Verisk Insurance Solutions Commercial Property needs a detail-oriented Community Mitigation Analyst like you with excellent communication skills for our Public Protection Classification (PPC) team.
Your key responsibilities will be processing of field surveys, working directly with communities and fire departments, responding to requests and inquiries from our valued clients, reviewing and updating data, and providing technical analysis and opinion pertaining to the PPC program both internally and externally.
- Processing of field survey work including working with communities, fire departments, water departments, and emergency communication centers to assist with improving their PPC rating
- Review and update data with current Public Protection Classification (PPC) surveys
- Provide technical analysis and opinion to internal and external customers on issues pertaining to the ISO Public Protection Classification (PPC) Program.
- College degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience
- Fire suppression background and familiarity a plus, but not required.
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated experience working with Excel, Word, and Access
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Detail-oriented and well organized with the ability to complete all work within timeliness and quality standards
- Must be well organized and have the ability to learn and perform multiple, complex
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.