Vice President, Talent Management
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Human Resources
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve also been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Reporting to the EVP responsible for People, Leadership & Culture (PL&C), you will exert ownership for all aspects of Talent Management, including design and implementation of key processes related to performance management, talent review, leadership and development, succession planning, and mobility strategies across the organization – and will lead a global team that will equip our people and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a purposeful performance-driven culture.
Your visionary leadership, deep talent management expertise and ability to execute in a flawless manner will directly impact Verisk’s ability to better assess, motivate, develop and retain our top talent. This role is a unique combination of strategic, transformational, operational, and tactical leadership.
Location: Flexible. Preferred locations are Jersey City, NJ or Boston, MA. This role also has potential to be 100% remote, with ability to travel to office sites, as required (20%)
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Play a significant role in reimagining and transforming the talent process to be more employee centered, streamlined, and action oriented as we break through traditional approaches in favor of innovative, agile approaches.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for designing talent management processes and frameworks, including quality conversations, talent reviews, succession planning, high-potential talent identification, career management, etc.
- Support senior leadership talent review processes and preparation for CEO-led Board reviews, as well as deeper-reaching talent reviews.
- Provide thought leadership on topics of talent assessment and selection including validation, training, and compliance.
- Design new leadership programs to accelerate development of high potential employees at senior and mid-career levels, to improve the pipeline of high performing professional talent.
- Ensure integration of a diversity, inclusion and engagement lens into relevant processes and frameworks.
- Transform and manage our internal marketplace for talent by leading strategic initiatives around employee mobility, engagement, organization culture, and recognition.
- Analyze people-related data and leading trends to better understand drivers of talent and career development and design solutions to build a world class talent management infrastructure.
- Champion and create buy-in for testing and implementing new talent management technologies and solutions.
- Serve as the learning and development thought leader by stimulating a culture of purposeful innovation for long-term and sustainable growth.
- Partner with Global HR Operations to assess and utilize HRIS to support learning and talent programs; define metrics to measure program effectiveness.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the business and HR leaders of each function in order to demonstrate influence and impact on talent selection interventions.
You Bring to The Table Your
- 7+ years of HR and talent management; specifically, in two or more of the following practice areas: talent management, career development, organizational design, workforce planning, performance management, employee engagement.
- 5+ years of people management experience; willing to be a coach and inspire the team members.
- Exceptional executive presence, with ability to engage in dialogue and make high impact presentations at C-suite level.
- Expertise and deep experience in driving transformation to achieve specific business imperatives.
- Provide deep market expertise and direct experience of developing and implementing the very best talent and leadership strategy, solutions and programs in technology, software, data analytics, financial services, and management consulting organizations.
- Demonstrated experience influencing, working with and coaching effectively at all levels of the organization. Commercially focused with the ability to take the business strategy and translate that into a talent strategy.
- Commercially focused with the ability to take the business strategy and translate that into a talent strategy.
- Analytical thinking – able to measure impact of talent programs on the organization.
- Agile minded with demonstrated capability to deliver strong results with limited resources.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking, interpersonal, relationship-building, influencing, decision making and negotiation skills. Commercially focused with the ability to take the business strategy and translate that into a talent strategy.
- Ability to use sound judgement when problem-solving and present ideas in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or PhD degree strongly preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.