Vice President, Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Human Resources
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve also been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
You will work closely with the EVP responsible for People, Leadership & Culture, the CEO and the executive team, to expand Verisk’s efforts in inclusion, diversity and belonging. Your mission will be to build an inclusive, empowered workforce who bring their best to serve customers and advance the common good. You are a “player-coach,” an innovative strategist, oriented by data and process with terrific execution and leadership skills. You will be responsible for developing and executing a cohesive approach to aligning and integrating a range of new and existing initiatives, policies, programs, training and systems that foster an inclusive climate where all can thrive. You will be a culture builder, thought leader, great partner and have the ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision across the enterprise.
As a global company which celebrates the diversity of our people, we are looking for someone with a deep sense of empathy, confidence and organizational insight. You will naturally value the regional and cultural differences among Verisk’s global businesses.
You will drive a vision that defines success in inclusion in a nuanced, global context. You will execute initiatives in an engineered and flawless manner.
Location: Flexible. Preferred locations are Jersey City, NJ or Boston, MA. This role also has potential to be 100% remote, with ability to travel to office sites, as required (20%).
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Partner with executive and business leaders to formulate and execute ID&B strategy and programs to accelerate our efforts to recruit, develop, and retain our diverse workforce.
- Form and collaborate with a global Diversity Council to drive Verisk-wide programs with performance metrics accountable to the global executive team.
- Implement global ID&B programs and events while cultivating an environment for local, grass-roots efforts.
- Partner with Communications and Marketing teams to develop content on messaging, initiatives, events and progress.
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to implement strategies to source and attract talent from underrepresented groups and facilitate an inclusive candidate experience.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and liaison to HRBPs and the business to develop strategic sources of attracting/developing/retaining diverse talent.
- Ensure effective leadership, development, and coordination of Verisk’s Employee Networking Groups, ensuring their impact and effectiveness across the organization, and culture.
- Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support corporate diversity and inclusion projects/plans/initiatives and business strategies
- Prepare affirmative action plans, compliance requests and or regulatory reports, by coordinating with appropriate team members and ensuring complete, accurate transfer of data.
You Bring to The Table Your
- Deep thought leadership, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Curiosity to learn and evaluate industry best practices and leading innovations to Verisk.
- Experience in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis benchmarking and opportunity identification and ability to translate metrics, research and trends into strategy.
- Creative thinking to develop home-grown programs which celebrates the diversity of our people and creates an environment where people can do their life’s work.
- Superior ability to build strong partnership and collaboration with colleagues across our business units, global offices, and operational functions both within and outside of HR to drive D&I initiatives.
- Interpersonal skills to form meaningful connections with the people of Verisk to understand their needs, ambitions, and challenges.
- Insightful global & cultural awareness along with the ability to successfully lead through influence.
- Deep sense of empathy and passion for bringing out the very best in people.
- Strong writing and communication skills; you are a great story teller and can sell your ideas.
- A self-starter who can deliver amazing results with minimal direction; exceptional attention to detail.
- 7+ years’ experience leading related ID&B initiatives and programs in a corporate environment with demonstrated understanding of culture integration including shared governance and respect for diverse views and opinions.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience; Masters degree is a plus.
- Ability to travel to US and global sites, as needed.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.