Account Manager – Sustainability
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
- Department: Account Management
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
This role will manage a large number of the European accounts and will be responsible for retaining and growing client revenue and relationships among these companies.
The role will focus on retaining clients through a variety of mechanisms, e.g. phone and web-based solutions. The successful candidate will also ultimately be expected to recognize upsell and cross-selling opportunities within these accounts from both a research and consulting perspective and work with the wider Sales & Marketing team to realize these opportunities. The position will be largely office-based.
- Maintain sales and maximise profitability of Maplecroft’s offerings by successfully managing an extensive client portfolio;
- Develop strategy to assure client retention and revenue growth;
- Taking ownership of client engagement and ensuring the client interactions are coordinated across sales and marketing, client services, research and consulting to develop more scalable engagement techniques with these clients e.g. online training and one-to-many initiatives;
- Provide feedback on established products and services to relevant internal departments;
- Recognise competitive threats and mitigate risks, as well as feeding back intelligence to the relevant research and product teams;
- Increase users and usage across the portfolio;
- Ensure all relevant entries and transactions are completed in Salesforce, including accurate pipeline management;
- Renew existing services with each client in a timely manner – ensuring all renewals are closed ahead of the renewal date;
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell of the existing Maplecroft portfolio.
- Candidates must have proven experience in a related client-facing or sales role;
- Candidates will need to acquire a good knowledge of Maplecroft’s products (this can be learnt as part of the induction);
- Candidates must have a proven experience in building client relationships along with excellent communication skills;
- The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills, negotiation skills and a results-oriented mind-set;
- Previous experience working for a research and consulting firm would be advantageous;
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Client focused and results-oriented
- Communication and presentation skills
- Team Working
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Business and commercial acumen
- Continuous learner
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Verisk: People Advocate - Believes in the power and potential of those around them. It creates an opportunity for development and engagement across teams.
- Verisk: Operator - Applies an ownership mindset to every choice they make; acting as if Verisk were their own small business.
- Verisk: Innovator - Creates value by thinking of better products, services, and opportunities. Believes change is essential to survive and thrive.
- Verisk: Culture Creator - Creates and nourishes an environment that best serves and lives up to our responsibility to others. Believes in leaving everything we touch better than we found it.
- Potential: Drive
- Potential: Engage
- Potential: Change
- Potential: Applied Thinking