DevOps Engineer II
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the Verisk CTO’s Cloud Center of Excellence team supporting our Insurance vertical and migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate will have broad DevOps experience with demonstrated experience in establishing automation solutions for AWS. The DevOps Engineer will assess existing technologies, help design future state, and assist in executing the roadmap for the build and deploy processes.
The role requires solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Design and build DevOps processes and procedures in conjunction with a migration of large-scale SQL Server and Microsoft .NET centric applications to AWS; preferably cloud native
- Design build plans, assist developers with failures and manage software configurations
- Ensure end-to-end automated testing and continuous deployments succeed
- Provide direction to developers with server troubleshooting and application errors due to configuration issues
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis
- Monitor production environment and act to keep systems stable and running
- Lead production migrations (off-hours) and provide off-hour support when needed to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- Minimum of 3 years of DevOps experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Linux administration, Windows administration, and IIS management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with AWS
- Extensive hands-on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technology experience
- AWS Certified Architect, Developer, or DevOps Engineer; Associate considered, Professional preferred
- Experience working with automation tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Proficient in: Bash, Chef, Powershell, Python, XML, Web concepts such as REST APIs and SPA
- Prior work with Kubernetes (EKS), Docker, Helm, RDS, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, microservices, message queues and related technologies
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies
- Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced operational intelligence
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving and passion for continuous improvement
- Experience mentoring and coaching colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have passion for technology and automation
- Experience in insurance services and an understanding of the related regulatory requirements is a plus but not required
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.