Product Owner II
- Carlsbad, CA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk 3E
Verisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer—one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Analyze and work with customer and business partners to define and develop new solutions that enhance customer experience and increase profitability
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team by acting as the voice of the customer to articulate business needs and priorities
- Develop appropriately detailed user stories and requirements for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development team
- Work with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog and prioritize activities based on business value and customer impact
- Provide an active role in identifying and mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Sprint or product release goals
- Develop and analyze customer feedback to prioritize product enhancements and new development opportunities
- Manage schedule and works with stakeholders to ensure successful product releases
- 5+ years’ experience acting as a Product Owner or Product Manager in an Agile development environment
- In-depth knowledge of Agile software development principles and SCRUM methodology
- Solid technical background with experience in software development and web technologies. Platform development experience strongly desired
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional and remote teams
- Creative thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving ability
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field required (Masters preferred)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.