Software QA Engineer III
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: AIR Worldwide
- Department: Software Development
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
· As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team, you will deliver detailed plans and milestones and be ready for intense peer reviews by cross functional teams
· Acquire and or demonstrate domain knowledge in the insurance domain and lead functional specification reviews
· Provide leadership and direction in the tools, processes and use of quality metrics
· Ensure that products meet exacting requirements for accuracy and explicit and or implicit validation of scientific/ financial methodologies
· Implement and/or expand use of automated testing practices throughout the SDLC
· Create and manage performance, scalability and stress testing methodologies and metrics for the entire range of user experience and product family
· Proficiency with object-oriented programming - preference with Microsoft technologies such as C#
· Graduate or Undergraduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics from a reputable academic institution with excellent credentials
· Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality in order to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our solutions
· Agility and innovation in delivering high quality products on time in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving company
· Experience and expertise with commercial automation tools is essential, as automation is the lifeline for meeting the challenges of validating the complex and large size of our applications
· Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate complex technical issues and be ready to make coherent presentations of your findings to review groups
· Thorough understanding and hands on experience with relational databases such as MS-SQL, with ability to mentor and train others; SQL scripting is an integral part of quality assurance activities at AIR
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, in order to interface with cross-functional teams that are talented, culturally diverse, global and widely varying technical skillsets
· Knowledge and thorough understanding of product development life cycles to ensure success in the critical role of quality assurance
· Logical and clear thinker having made process-driven decisions
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.