- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Verisk Business: ISO
- Department: Field Representatives/Survey/Processing
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce
ISO is looking to hire Field Representatives in locations across the United States. This role is 100% remote.
Your major responsibilities will involve:
- Completing commercial property building surveys
- Scheduling appointments
- Traveling to property sites
- Gathering underwriting information
- Completing the appropriate form via a computer or mobile device
- Calculating square footage and percentages
- Drawing CAD diagrams and taking digital photos or videos
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
- Knowledge of insurance commercial lines underwriting and loss control concepts
Knowledge of current and historic commercial building construction practices, methods and materials
Identification and evaluation of fire protection systems
- Prior experience conducting surveys - commercial property, inland marine, construction, commercial automobile, or workers’ compensation
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, inspect, gather data, and describe all aspects of a property/building/business under exposure to various weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.) and with occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds and climbing of stairs and ladders, accessing building roofs, and working in all type of neighborhoods and environments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computer and mobile device applications - MSWord and Excel, Maps, CAD experience a plus
- Ability to work independently; efficiently plan and prioritize assigned work
- Strong work ethic
- Valid driver’s license
The position requires some overnight travel, and you will work from your office at home to complete all work assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred and one year of related experience.
- Satisfactory completion of prescribed in-house training or equivalent required and demonstrated ability to perform all field work assignments at this grade level.
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and secure transportation to and from all sites. This will
- involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. and regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods and environments. It may be necessary to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Good customer service and one-on-one interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and provide feedback. Ability to conduct on-the-job training and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency using computers and spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Valid driver’s license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies required. Overnight travel (in and out of state) required in accordance with business needs.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.