Cloud Solutions Architect
- Boston, MA, USA
- Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
- Department: Information Technology
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect to join the Verisk CTO’s Cloud Center of Excellence team supporting our Insurance vertical to drive migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The ideal candidate will have broad full-stack software engineering & architecture experience, both application-level and cloud infrastructure, with demonstrated experience in migrating complex solutions to AWS. The Cloud Solutions Architect will assess existing platforms, design future state and execute the migration of applications and infrastructure to AWS cloud native solutions.
The role requires solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Analyze, architect, and execute the migration of large-scale Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft .NET, and Microsoft HPC applications to AWS; preferably cloud native
- Optimize solution architectures to maximize performance and minimize costs; implement cost control mechanisms
- Establish architectural standards that enable DevOps practices with infrastructure as code and automated continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Assist application architects in designing secure solutions that leverage cloud services and are aligned to Verisk enterprise security requirements and best practices
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update operations architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available
- Work collaboratively, hands-on, with product teams to implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable cloud technology adoption
- Coordinate with product owners to incorporate the voice of the customer
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- Minimum of 10 years of application architecture, cloud infrastructure, and automation experience
- Minimum of 5 years of database management and software development/coding experience
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure on AWS for small, medium scale and enterprise-scale applications
- AWS Certified Architect and/or Developer; Associate considered, Professional preferred
- Hands-on experience with cloud adoption and migration from assessment through cloud native implementation
- Experience coding in higher level programming language: .NET C#, C++, Java, Go, or Python
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components (network, storage, Linux, Windows), security and application development (e.g., Microsoft .NET Framework/Core, C#, and SQL Server experience preferred)
- Experience implementing AWS serverless and related managed services for web & mobile applications and APIs including Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, EventBridge, and Elastic Beanstalk preferred. Experience with container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, EKS) a plus.
- Experience with AWS SQL and NoSQL database services preferred (e.g., AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, DocumentDB)
- Experience with distributed systems, messaging, streaming architectures preferred (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience implementing logging, instrumentation, and monitoring services for infrastructure, applications, and dependent services
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving and passion for continuous improvement
- Experience mentoring and coaching colleagues
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in insurance services and an understanding of the related regulatory requirements is a plus but not required
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.