Front end Web Developer
- Alcorcón, Madrid, Spain
- Verisk Business: Geomni
- Department: Engineering
Geomni is a division of Verisk Analytics. We create software and other technologies related to aerial imagery, and provide the world's most comprehensive and cutting-edge imagery data acquisition, process, analytics, and distribution. We serve a wide range of markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning, and much more.
As the multi-platform developer, you will have a strong web development or computer science background. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of front-end developers, cloud developers, QA analysts, Project Managers and designers to build a sophisticated web application. Your ability to focus on details and passion for precision & accuracy will be instrumental to your success. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will make you effective in your role. In addition you will:
- Work on a team of developers to accomplish collective goals every sprint
- Provide feedback to team members to increase effectiveness of processes
- Build products by improving performance of our code and handling scaling issues to accommodate user growth
- Create new products and features to match business needs.
- Aid in definition and implementation of specifications for new applications and features
- Maintain current products while keeping technical debt to a minimum
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- 3+ years experience as front-end developer
- Ability to create simple and well-designed solutions to solve complex software problems
- Quick learner that thrives in a teamwork environment
- Fluent in frameworks like AngularJS, Vue or React
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail – Getting it right is Geomni’s top priority
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience/Knowledge of Single Page Applications (SPA), mobile-first development, automation testing, serverless architectures and push notifications is strongly recommended.
- Experience/Knowledge of web maps, geospatial data industry and 3D graphics is highly desirable but not a requirement.
The selected candidate will be surrounded by an exceptional team of professionals compromised with a great and cutting-edge project.