Senior Account Manager - Financial Services
- London, UK
- Verisk Business: Maplecroft
- Department: Account Management
Verisk Maplecroft’s data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The Senior Account Manager will be a key member of the EMEARC Regional Sales Team, responsible for driving sales execution and performance across existing and new accounts within our Financials client segment. The role holder will be accountable for the achievement of sales targets aligned with Verisk Maplecroft’s business winning and revenue objectives, as well as the effective use of resources to achieve such targets. This will involve working with regional and financials sales and marketing colleagues, our financials research team and other key internal stakeholders to maintain our strong revenue growth among both banking clients and institutional investors.
- Manage and grow an assigned portfolio of accounts
- Develop a detailed understanding of Verisk Maplecroft’s research and consulting deliverables, and match these with effective needs analysis and a grasp of industry dynamics, in order to create value-adding connections between Verisk Maplecroft and the client
- Develop long-term business relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Engage with users of the services regularly to ensure they receive ongoing support
- Be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders and the voice of Verisk Maplecroft to the customer
- Proactively pursue cross-sell & upsell goals with all accounts in assigned portfolio
- Successfully identify those customers amongst assigned portfolio that present the best opportunity for growth via upsell and cross-sell, and focus time and resources effectively
- Consistent use of tools such as Salesforce and technology to communicate across the organization and to customers, especially capturing risk and opportunities to the portfolio value
- Supply continuous feedback to the organization on how to improve our service to customers inside the assigned portfolio
- Support the product development cycle by contributing market/demand analysis as well as subsequently playing a role in determining pricing and packaging
- Represent Verisk Maplecroft at conferences and professional organizations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities
- Participate in new client development efforts in the Financial segment
- Experience in an account management/sales role with institutional investors or banking customers
- Experience selling to and building relationships within the financial sector and relating to ESG in particular
- An intellectual curiosity about how ESG risk data and analysis can be applied to investment and business concerns
- BS/BA degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Clear ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships within and across teams and reporting lines
- Commercial track record in developing clients and establishing a trusted advisor relationship
- Strong understanding and appreciation of territory, business culture and environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively work in remote teams
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Verisk: People Advocate - Believes in the power and potential of those around them. It creates an opportunity for development and engagement across teams.
- Verisk: Operator - Applies an ownership mindset to every choice they make; acting as if Verisk were their own small business.
- Verisk: Innovator - Creates value by thinking of better products, services, and opportunities. Believes change is essential to survive and thrive.
- Verisk: Culture Creator - Creates and nourishes an environment that best serves and lives up to our responsibility to others. Believes in leaving everything we touch better than we found it.
- Potential: Drive
- Potential: Engage
- Potential: Change
- Potential: Applied Thinking